Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Blogging from DOWN TOWN!

NBL Star John 'the real deal' Rillie is a blogger.



I had known this for a while, but hadnt checked back on his site for quite a while. Let me tell you, it's impressive. It gives some cred to Aussie ballers and provides a missing link between fans hearing about life in the US/Euro world of bball or nothing at all. Some NBL sites (Tigers, Dragons) have tried to get players to write for their sites, but although it is often amusing, it lacks substance and the passion which is clearly evident the moment this site loads before your eyes!

I have put a link to the site on my BLOG LIST on the side of my page, and I will be checking in throughout the course of the upcoming season. I haven't been this impressed since Chris Anstey routinely answered all sorts of questions (almost daily) on his official site! (Until he almost had to shut it down completely due to over-interest!)

I have always been a fan of Rillie, and I'll never forget some of the awesome "On Fire" displays he put forth, particularly for those great West Sydney Razorbacks playoff teams!