Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Charlie Murphy - Get your basketball on



Charlie Murphy is Leroy Smith

In tenth grade, I beat out MJ for the last spot on our varsity basketball team, igniting a fire that inspired him to greatness. Since then I have motivized countless people with my inspirational DVD series and workshops. Now, with the launch of my revolutionary website, I’m finally able to motivate the world, including Canada.

getyourbasketballon.com



Scoop Jackson of ESPN.com interviewed 'Leroy'

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=jackson/090602

Here is an extract.

I saw that at the time you wore No. 45 at Laney. Now when MJ came out of retirement and wore No. 45, was that a tribute to you?

Yes. You have to understand, Michael Jordan walks like me. He talks like me. He even holds his fork like me. Everything that Leroy Smith projects manifests itself in Michael Jordan.

I see in your office you have a poster of Michael that says "Thanks, Leroy." How special is that poster to you?

That poster is close to my heart. As a matter of fact, I have a tattoo of that poster over my heart. The whole poster. Signed by Michael Jordan. He came down to the tattoo parlor, to sign his name on my chest.

Did you ever think that you taking his spot on that high school team would have this type of effect on him and make him into the man that he's become?

Well that was my plan from the very beginning. I knew that once I lit that fuse … and that fuse is leading to a stick of dynamite … and that stick of dynamite would become what we all know today as … Michael Jordan.



Game… Blouses.