Tuesday, September 11, 2007

The Muursepp Ultimatum

By Ryan Mobilia

This Summer... Coming to a court near you!

New Melbourne Tigers import Martin Muursepp, is set to hit 'The Cage' like a Hollywood Star... Bringing his game and Blockbuster Resume with him...


Every NBL team made significant changes, merry go round of talent and guns. The tigers still struggled to find a replacement for Rashad Tucker... Intially I was excited beyond belief as Paul Shirley had grown over the past couple of years to be one of my favourite sports writers, and I’d followed his adventures around the globe with great interest, it truly ended up, to good to be true that his “so called career” could drop him right in our lap. The next player touted as our import replacement for Shad was former NBA player Sean Lampley who ultimately chose the weaker league of Japan to ply his trade. Surely he dominates league, heck they Japanese only use 8 foot high rims growing up! Next in the rumour line was another friend of Chris Anstey, Martin Muursepp, another former NBA talent.

But as we saw with Todd Fuller last year, who’s career was short lived ill, in the ill fated Great South Dragons NBA experiment. The NBA does not always prepare you for the challenges of the NBL!

Only time will tell.

Hailing from Estonia, this ex NBA player is the second import for the 2007/08 Melbourne Tigers.

But all I could think about when I heard 'Estonia' was the only other reference I have for that Country and that is from the Movie "ENCINO MAN". Being the place where the boys claim "Link" (Brendan Fraser) is from as a cover up!



Clearly I'll need to bone up, as this demonstrates my ignorance of European *I hope* countries.