Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Taking Shots

This is the first time I have posted for a long time. The Olympics is almost over. But here is a quick comment on the Exit of the Boomers, at the hands of the conquering USA Redeem Team last night in the Quarter Finals.

I looked through the pics of the game last night, and decided I liked this one the best. Glenn Saville had just drilled a 3 in Wade's face the play before, so next time he comes down again Wade gives him one in the nuts, as Sav nails the three again. And 1.

I have heard first hand some of the great sprays the boy from Bendigo can dish out on the NBL court, bit of a 'Gordon Ramsay' fan you might say. I would give anything to know what he said to Wade afterwards, he sprayed him during and well after the bonus free throw. That was nice.

In a night of overall disapointment, you can at least say most of the Boomers never backed down, and with Channel 7 choosing to show womens softball (last Olympics ever, thank goodness) instead of the first half of the bball game, this was a true highlight for me.

And you know the Aussies never back down...

Mobs